[Promotum] The Big-Ass Spanish Boat

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Wed Oct 9 10:42:01 2002

Washington State University's newspaper, the Daily Evergreen, ran an
article about Filipino American History Month. In talking about the first
landing of Filipinos in the US, they needed a translation for the name of
the boat, "Nuestra Senora de Buena Esperanza". Unfortunately, the writer
found a (rather obvious) satire site which claimed the translation was
"The Big-Ass Spanish Boat", both the writer and editors were too dense to
catch it, and it made the front page.

Surely this aspiring writer will go on to great things at CNN or somesuch...

http://www.dailyevergreen.com/nn4/opinion/index.asp?Story_ID=6900&StoryPage=1

http://www.dailyevergreen.com/nn4/opinion/index.asp?Story_ID=6923&StoryPage=1

http://www.pinoylife.com/article.php?sid=84

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org