[Promotum] Update on Rudy the Cat

Ed Hintz ed@hintz.org
Thu Jul 11 13:42:03 2002

Way back in December I passed on the story about Rudy the cat, who got
stuck in the garbage disposal while going after some fish scraps.

<http://www.hintz.org/pipermail/promotum/2001-December/000127.html>

At the time there was no info at the urban legends sites regarding it,
and I prefaced it with the usual disclaimer when no proof is available.
However, yesterday I recieved a mail from Patricia Schroeder, an English
prof. at Ursinus College in PA, claiming to be the author. Upon verifying
her claim I noted that snopes updated their site on 17 January:

<http://www.snopes.com/critters/disposal/catchday.htm>

It's true, and Patricia did indeed write the account...

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org