[Promotum] 2002 year in review, Dave Barry style

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Mon Dec 30 15:00:02 2002

The opening salvo:

-=-

If you had to pick one word to describe our national mood in 2002, that
word would be ''wary.'' We went to sleep wary, and we woke up wary. We
wallowed in wariness. We were wabbits.

This was partly because bad things kept happening. But it was also
because government officials kept issuing alarming, yet vague, warnings.
''We have received reliable information,'' an official would say, 'that
something bad might happen. We don't know what, or when, or where. But it
is very, very bad. Also we are seeing the letter 'E.' So we urge all
citizens to continue leading normal lives, while remaining in a state of
stark, buttpuckering terror. Tune in tomorrow and we'll see if we can't
ratchet this thing up a notch or two.''

(the remainder is at the link below)

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/dave_barry/4824149.htm

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org