[Promotum] Leonard Nimoy's tribute to Bilbo

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Tue Aug 6 23:47:01 2002

Thanks to Brooke for the heads up on this one:

Quoted from <http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/1931/2-sides.html>:

>Side Two features one of the most amazing artifacts ever committed to
>vinyl: "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins". Not satisfied with his musical
>disembowling of the most popular sci-fi series of all time, Mr. Nimoy
>turned his substantial talents towards the works of an elderly British
>fantasy literature writer.
>
>In the course of the 2 minutes 18 seconds of horror that follow, not only
>is the plot of the entire novel given away but Nimoy knowingly lets the
>listener in on what Bilbo is really smoking in his pipe down in that
>wacky hobbit-hole. There is also a bassoon solo.

Having gotten the description out of the way, here's the video in
technicolor glory.

<http://members.cox.net/bloodclot/mov/bbaggins.mov>

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org