[Promotum] Jerry Springer: The Opera

Ed Hintz ed@hintz.org
Fri Apr 5 12:05:04 2002

    Thanks to Dan for this one. At first glance, one would think it's
nothing but a farce, but it actually sounds pretty interesting. Sort of
taking Opera back to its roots as a form of entertainment for the masses.
Any efforts to remove the pomposity from the modern state of Opera is OK
by me. In my experience, the cast and crew tend to be a rather wacky
bunch, although they do clean up well for those gala dinners with the big
donors. Of course, my experience is mostly limited to the smaller
companies, such as Long Beach and Austin. I did do several for San Diego,
but that was as a boy soprano so I was too young to really be able to
observe the cast at an adult level.

<http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/17/magazine/
17SPRINGER.html?pagewanted=print&position=bottom>

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org