[Promotum] Foregone conclusion

Ed Hintz ed@hintz.org
Thu Apr 4 17:47:03 2002

Thanks to Sooz the opera star for this lovely example of inductive
reasoning...

-=-

 FOREGONE CONCLUSION:

 (A) The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
the British or Americans.

 (B) The French eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer heart attacks than
the British or Americans.

 (C) The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart
attacks than the British or Americans.

 (D) The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer
fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

 (E) Conclusion: Eat and drink what you like. It's speaking English that
kills you.

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org