[Promotum] RedPill-Big Brother is in the house

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 13:33:51 -0700

     I'd like to extend a warm welcome to Big Brother... That's right,
ladies and gentlemen, our newest house guest, none other than Big Brother
himself! A round of applause, please!

     Again, I marvel at how the sheeple can be convinced that to protect
our freedom we must take it away. First, an article at Wired which
discuses some of the more obnoxious new provisions of the patriot
act-which don't expire after the 4 year period. My personal favorites are
the ability of law enforcement agencies to search your residence telling
you they did so (KGB, anyone, KGB?), and the ability to track all of your
web and mail traffic without a warrant. Ain't that just loverly? Anybody
else reminded of the good old days of J Edgar Hoover and McCarthyism?
Squared?

http://www.wired.com/news/conflict/0,2100,47901,00.html

     Here's one about a poor shmuck of a reporter caught in the
crossfire. Just imagine what happens when your disgruntled coworker makes
an anonymous tip to the FBI that you're a terrorist. Just like being
branded a communist 50 years ago, all your rights go out the window, and
you didn't do a damn thing wrong.

http://www.newsreview.com/issues/sacto/2001-10-25/cover.asp

     Folks, from where I sit, it sure looks like Bin Laden won.

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org