[Promotum] More PATRIOT fallout

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 15:17:44 -0800

Section 814 basically allows the US to apply US law to situations where
both the victim and the perpetrator are in other countries, by virtue of
the traffic routing through the US. Where this could get real interesting
is a situation where the "crime" is not one in the other country (say
gambling), but the traffic routes through the US. We just got Dmitry
home, but it looks like we're planning on grabbing some more foreigners.

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/39

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org