[Promotum] How to get family to visit

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:48:03 -0800

Credit to Squirrel Bait for this one:

A father who lives in Los Angeles called his son Russell in New York and
says, "Russell, I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your
mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough."

"Pop, what are you talking about," Russell screams.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the old man says.
"We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so You can
call your sister Holly in Chicago, and tell her," and he hangs up.

Frantic, Russell calls Holly, who explodes on the phone. "Like heck
they're getting divorced," she shouts. " I'll take care of this." She
calls Los Angeles immediately, and screams at the old man. " You are NOT
getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling
Russell back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a
thing. DO YOU HEAR ME?" and hangs up. (A family trait.)

The old man puts down the phone, and turns to his wife..." Okay," he
says, "they're coming for Thanksgiving and paying their own fares....Any
ideas for Christmas?"

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org