[Promotum] Corrupt them early

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Wed Sep 25 01:02:01 2002

    Hunter likes to watch Monty Python's Flying Circus with me. I don't
think he gets most of the jokes, but he knows I like it and so thus he
must also like it. So, season 1 episode 7 has the "man turns into
Scotsman" sketch, where the extra terrestrials are turning nice normal
Britons into Scotsmen, replete with kilt and long orange beards, who
raise their right arms and march (at double speed) into the hils to the
music of bagpipes. The last time we saw this episode was probably 3-4
weeks ago on BBC America (although I do have it on DVD). That day I joked
around by humming the bagpipe tune, raising my right fist, and wandering
about the house like the sketch, and had him in hysterics. Tonight, I was
being a smartass, and he made some sort of comment about how "Daddy
should be on Monty Python", and then said something about turning into a
Scotsman. So I hummed the tune and did the walk, and he couldn't stop
laughing. Then he tried it. There's nothing funnier than a 4 year old
wandering about the house reenacting "man turns into Scotsman". Brilliant.

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org