[Promotum] Origins of Fascism in the US

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Thu Oct 17 13:31:01 2002

    Interesting read. I've no idea how factually accurate it is, but it
does pass the smell test. It's well known that A: Nazi Germany had some
of the best scientists and engineers in the world, and B: both the US and
USSR tried to woo them away. I've no doubt that many of them with less
than stellar backgrounds were whitewashed to further national goals (at
least on the US side, in the USSR there was probably no need to do so;
Stalin would just lock you up if he even *thought* you were critical of
him regardless of the reality). And it would make further sense that the
US would inherit folks who'd done things far too egregious to the
Soviets; in the USSR it would be certain death for them, in the US it was
the old "mine enemies enemy is my friend" game. That game seems to get us
into a lot of recurring trouble. I don't like playing it.

http://www.bartcop.com/091702dewar.htm

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org