[Promotum] Babelfish fun

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Sat Oct 12 13:05:02 2002

    So, everybody's done the old translation game with babelfish, right?
You enter a piece of text, translate to another language, then translate
back, and have fun with the weirdness the software returned. Lather,
rinse, repeat, and you can end up with some real wacky statements. Well,
somebody's written a cgi to do all the work for you. Just type in
something and it will translate multiple times into multiple languages
and destroy your original sentence. I started with "I would have gotten
away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids" (Hunter's watching
Scooby Doo right now) and ended up with "They would go with him, if
kidskin of the participation were not for you."

http://www.tashian.com/multibabel/

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org