[Promotum] Constitutional Dictatorship

Ed Hintz ed@hintz.org
Mon Jun 10 17:24:03 2002

CNN is running an article exploring the possibility (or perhaps the
probability) of another attack or 2 resulting in a "constitutional
dictatorship". Me, I think it's a pretty likely possibility. Given that
a: our government and the corporate interests behind it currently have no
intention of giving up their empire, and could care less how many people
will die for it; and b: OBL and the like have no intention of settling
for allowing said empire to exist (and rightly so IMHO-after all the
Boston Tea Party was held in honor of much less serious oppression than
that of the average Saudi); it's only a matter of time until we get hit
again. Given the way we behaved last time, and even continue to act to
this day, massive numbers of people will gladly offer up their liberties
unto Caesar. And thus is born the "constitutional dictator". It would be
rather convenient if the general population would wake up and smell the
coffee. Like now. But I'm not holding my breath, and I'm trying to hedge
my bets.

Here's the link to the CNN article:
<http://robots.cnn.com/2002/LAW/06/columns/fl.dean.powers.0607/index.html>

And here's the quote I sent round about 5 months back in which Caesar
describes an eerily familiar situation:

<http://www.hintz.org/pipermail/promotum/2002-January/000131.html>
<http://www.hintz.org/pipermail/promotum/2002-January/000137.html>

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org