[Promotum] Robert Heinlein bio

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Fri Jul 26 18:37:01 2002

<http://www.nitrosyncretic.com/rah/rahbio.html>

Great writeup. Heinlein had a huge influence on me as a teenager, in a
time when I was both looking for an escape from my emotionally turbulent
youth and was also starting to develop some ideals for the world around
me and such. Of course Clarke, Tokien, CS Lewis, Asimov and a whole slew
of others had something to do with that was well... Anyway, the bio is
good stuff, there was a lot in there  I didn't already know about-and the
bit about how he dropped a bombshell on Cronkite by stating that women
should have been involved with the moon landings is especially surprising
as he seemed to have a fair amount of sexism in his works. But boy, when
he was hot he could write some incredible stuff.

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org