[Promotum] GI Joe disarmed by LAX security

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Mon Aug 5 14:29:02 2002

<http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002360334,00.html/>

After being relieved of his 2" toy M16 the action figure was not detained
and was allowed to board his scheduled flight to London, where the
grandson who was to recieve the toy was quoted as saying "Don't those
people understand the gun was a toy?" Perhaps LAX should hire the 7 year
old. He's got more common sense than the security screeners, it would seem.

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org