[Promotum] 2002 Jefferson Muzzle awards

Ed Hintz ed@hintz.org
Thu Apr 11 10:16:02 2002

<http://www.tjcenter.org/muzzles.html>

A description from the site:

Since 1992, the Thomas Jefferson Center for the Protection of Free
Expression has celebrated the birth and ideals of its namesake by calling
attention to those who in the past year forgot or disregarded Mr.
Jefferson's admonition that freedom of speech "cannot be limited without
being lost."

Announced on or near April 13 -- the anniversary of the birth of Thomas
Jefferson -- the Jefferson Muzzles are awarded as a means to draw
national attention to abridgments of free speech and press and, at the
same time, foster an appreciation for those tenets of the First
Amendment. Because the importance and value of free expression extend far
beyond the First Amendment's limit on government censorship, acts of
private censorship are not spared consideration for the dubious honor of
receiving a Muzzle.

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org