[Promotum] Conclusive proof that Bert is Evil

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:27:58 -0700

(Bert being the muppet of the Sesame Street/Ernie and Bert fame)

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/nm/20011009/wl/imdf09102001085522a.html

http://www.tctubantia.nl/CDA/regioportal/1,2078,1654__772741_,00.html

The photos in the articles above are real. Not doctored. Real.
Pro-BinLaden demonstrators in Bangledesh are really carrying around
posters which have a picture of Bert on them. But, why, you may ask?
Well, it's actually pretty simple. Go to images.google.com and search for
osama bin laden, you will get the Bert parody result along with others.
Looks like the guys that put together the photo montage for the protest
poster were either careless or just clueless when they included Bert. But
it is pretty damn funny...

http://images.google.com/images?q=osama+bin+laden

Wired discusses it here(they do mention that there is also a parody photo
of Bin Laden with a bottle of Jack Daniels, but I can't see it in the
news photos above):

http://www.wired.com/news/conflict/0,2100,47450,00.html

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org