[Promotum] WTC foodworkers relief effort-eat out on 10-11-01

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 16:16:57 -0700

http://www.windowsofhope.org

What:
Windows of Hope Family Relief Fund will provide aid to the families of
victims of the World Trade Center tragedy who worked in the foodservice
profession throughout the entire complex.
David Emil, owner of Windows on the World, the restaurant's executive
chef, Michael Lomonaco, Tom Valenti, Chef/Owner Ouest Restaurant, Waldy
Malouf, Chef/Owner, Beacon Restaurant established the fund to be
administered by J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and David Berdon & Co. LLP.

When:
On Thursday, October 11, 2001, restaurants and food establishments
throughout the world are asked to donate at least ten (10) percent of
their evening's sales to the Windows of Hope Family Relief Fund.
Any food service establishment, company or organization affiliated with
the food and beverage industry, is welcome and encouraged to participate
in this initiative, which will continue to provide support as long as
needed for all families in the foodservice profession who suffered.
By taking part in this effort, you will be initiating a fund that will
provide immediate emergency aid as well as future scholarships and funds
for the families of the victims.

Where:
http://www.windowsofhope.org/pages/restaurant_directory.html

The website has a very impressive list for the SF Bay Area, I certainly
plan to eat out that evening. Very cool. Thanks to Brian Dodge for the
forward.

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org