[Promotum] Coincidence Design

Edmund A. Hintz ed@hintz.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:20:28 -0800

This one from Dirk, an sad commentary on our society, if it's true:

>Here's a good one for you that reflects our current social condition.  For
>about $80,000 a guy can have a woman investigated to learn everything about
>her and then have a "coincidence" set up to meet her.  It seems like it's
>real.  The FAQ goes into why they don't accept women or fat men as clients.
>Pretty amazing to find this advertised.
>
>http://www.coincidencedesign.com/

----
Unbelievable. Rent-a-stalker. Wow.

Only problem is, what happens 5 years later when you tell your dream wife
that your meeting as all a sham, and was bought and paid for. That's when
the excrement hits the air agitation device.

That being said, I don't know if this is legit or not. I have some
doubts. Further reading makes me think, at the very least, these guys
play fast and loose with the truth. For instance:

http://www.coincidencedesign.com/q-phonetapping.html

Kinda like "I didn't have sexual relations with that woman".

Also this:

http://www.coincidencedesign.com/q-trackrecord.html

That's great, they've had 37 clients as of 7-31-00. Only problem is, the
website goes to great pains to hide their address and phone and such. So
I do a whois search on the domain, and find this:

http://www.dotster.com/Help/Whois/Default.asp?DomainName=coincidencedesign&
TLD=.com&x=230&y=23

Kinda sounds fishy to me. They don't give out their contact info for
privacy and security reasons, but they had 37 customers BEFORE they
registered the domain. Chicken, egg. Chicken, egg.

Wonder if it's a scam.

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed@hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org